Monday, November 30, 2009

Art410: Post #18


Ideas for Final Project: Creating a Monument/Memorial...

I was thinking of maybe doing a bronze Aztec Statue and placing it right in the middle of the Mission District in San Francisco. Something along these attributes...


but with the second warrior holding the heart. Kind of simply signifying the heart of the mission district. I keep thinking of things to make, but then I think of it being a waste of space/money. I would really like to create something that is resourceful so it would have a purpose at the same time.

Dolores Park would be a great place to create a monument of good times too since there's always people having picnics and small get-togethers there. Again though, I feel like if I were to build something it might ruin the environment or be in the way of the beautiful view that the park has. Maybe it's fine if it's completely useless, according to the Barthes' article the Eiffel Tower is useless too...

No comments:

Post a Comment